Data Management and protection plays a key role in remaining compliant for Asset Disposal
With multiple locations around the UK, and a head office in Stockport, Asset Disposal is a leading provider of secure, eco-friendly IT disposal, recycling and data destruction services for UK businesses, charities, and educational establishments.
Services are compliant with GDPR guidelines as well as the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) directive, meaning compliance is critical to the organisation.
In order to remain compliant with these and deliver the highest levels of service and processes, Asset Disposal is an ISO 9001, 14001, and 27001 accredited business.
Audit raises backup as a point of consideration
In a regular audit carried out by the management team of Asset Disposal, in line with ISO standards, backup and recovery of data was raised as an area to review.
The existing process took advantage of a third-party provider to ensure data was being protected, however, understanding the importance of the data they held, the team decided a solution that enabled backing up daily, would be more appropriate.
Another concern raised during the audit was the difficulty in reviewing what data was being protected, in a suitable timeframe, and without complexity.
To alleviate any concerns, Phil Rigney, Managing Director of Asset Disposal took on the project of finding a new solution which:
- Could provide backups on a scheduled basis, daily or multiple times a day
- Would simplify the process of auditing what data was being protected
- Was cost effective and flexible
- Would not create any new concerns with regards to ISO accreditations or data protection regulations
ClearYolk proves to be the perfect fit for Asset Disposal
Phil Rigney began looking for a solution and was put into contact with ClearYolk.
“We needed accessible backups and to know the solution would add flexibility, but we could not compromise on the compliance aspect in any way.”
As Phil undertook the project with ClearYolk, it was key to understand the different data sources that needed to be protected. Fortunately, the ClearYolk offering has the ability to protect data across a wide range of sources including Microsoft 365.
“I was shocked to find out Microsoft & Xero is not liable for any data loss”, said Phil.
“As we stored critical data on these platforms, it was critical we also protected it”.
“The set up was quick, painless and simple. It’s given us peace of mind, control and accountability, wrapped in convenience.”
Having previously held some concerns around data loss or deletion, in the event of staff leaving, ClearYolk data management and protection enabled the centralisation of data through backup, giving Phil and Asset Disposal even more confidence.
- Protecting all data within one solution
- The ability to audit backups and easily review which data is being protected
- Implementing a solution that would not compromise compliance with data regulations and ISO accreditations
- Regularity of backups
- A solution which allows for the broadest range of data protected from a single application
- Centralise management and reporting that encompasses all data sources and allows for simple, management and auditing of data protection
- A UK-based provider, backed by ISO accreditations, with UK-based data centres to guarantee data sovereignty
- Flexible, automated backup scheduling
- Scalable pricing based simply on data protected with no need for hardware
- The broadest coverage in a single app, spanning legacy, cloud and SaaS data sources
- Rapid recovery and access to data whether in a DR scenario or simply for testing, with InstantDataTM
- Rapid onboarding
At ClearYolk we simplify data protection so you can focus on growing your business. Our intuitive backup and recovery solution enables you to instantly protect your most valuable data, with a simple pricing model that grows and shrinks as your data does.
Restores can be rapidly tested using InstantData ensuring that full systems or single files can be accessed on demand when you need them most.
With built-in encryption, air-gapped backups and a cloud-first, hardware free approach you can be confident that your data is safe with us and that you’re getting the best solution for your investment.